PROTRUDING COAT HOOK INJURIES
- 8-year-old, male, sustained head laceration when accidentally tripped and hit head on a coat hook.
- 11-year-old, male, assaulted and kicked at school, pushed into coat hook and hit back, sustained contusion to his eye.
- 9-year-old, female, fell and hit eyelid on coat hook.
- 4-year-old, female, injured head from running into coat hook at school.
- 10-year-old, male, jumping and caught upper right chest on a coat hook.
- 8-year-old, male, sustained lacerations to face after cutting it on a broken coat hook at school.
*These examples—and many others—reported by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.